Covering Tax Transparency, Tax Planning, and Other Estate Planning Matters During the Trump Era
The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) is hosting their annual STEP International Tax and Estate Planning Forum on Thursday, May 4th, and Friday, May 5th in Los Angeles, California. As a proud sponsor of this important estate planning conference, we are looking forward to meeting and learning from some of the top minds in the estate planning industry.
Conference Schedule for the STEP International Tax and Estate Planning Forum: Around the Globe in 2017
The topics for this estate planning conference include:
- Global tax transparency and the need for effective dialogue with onshore governments
- Tax planning for private clients in a changing world
- International enforcement cooperation on tax and related matters in a Trump era
- Ethical issues for the international private client advisor
- Privacy, transparency, and wealth planning for today’s international client
The conference also includes networking lunches on both days, as well as a networking reception.
Day One: Thursday, May 4, 2017, from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
The schedule events for Thursday are as follows:
- 7:00 am – Continental Breakfast and Registration; Exhibits Open
- 8:00 am – Pictet North America Advisors SA Special Presentation
- 8:30 am – Opening Remarks by M. Katharine Davidson TEP, STEP USA Chair
- 8:50 am – Keynote: Tax Planning for Private Clients in a Changing World
- 9:20 am – Panel 1: International Enforcement Cooperation on Tax and Related Matters in a Trump Era
- 10:20 am – Networking Break
- 10:45 am – Panel 2: Special Issues Involved in Cross Border Family and Marital Disputes
- 11:45 am – Panel 3: Understanding the Real Needs of Wealth Owning Families Connected to Asia: Focus on Greater China and Links with U.S.
- 12:45 pm – Lunch
- 2:00 pm – Panel 4: Ethics and the International Advisor
- 3:00 pm – Panel 5: Practical and Technical Issues for the Immigrating Client: Income Tax, Transfer Tax, and Immigration
- 4:00 pm – Networking Break
- 4:30 pm – Panel 6: The Art Market 2017: Issues and Red Flags for Collectors and Their Professional Advisors
- 5:30 pm – Reception
- 8:00 pm – Dinner on your own in Laguna Beach
Day Two: Friday, May 5, 2017, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The schedule events for Friday are as follows:
- 8:00 am – Continental Breakfast and Registration; Exhibits Open
- 8:55 am – Opening Remarks by Lawrence H. Heller TEP, Former U.S. Council Representative for STEP Worldwide
- 9:00 am – Keynote: Global Tax Transparency and the Need for Effective Dialogue with Onshore Governments
- 10:00 am – Panel 7: Challenges of Cross-Border Trust and Estate Administration
- 11:00 am – Networking Break
- 11:30 am – Panel 8: Advanced Planning for the U.S. Beneficiaries of Foreign Trusts: Technical Session by a Panel of U.S. Tax Practitioners
- 12:30 pm – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – Panel 9: Does My Family Need Family Governance or a Family Office?
- 2:30 pm – Panel 10: Exchanging Information by Fair Means or Foul: The Impact on Wealth Planning and Structure for International Private Clients
- 3:30 pm – Networking Break
- 4:00 pm – Panel 11: U.S./Canada: U.S. New Canadian-style Deemed Disposition Rules: Put on Your Income Tax Hat
- 5:00 pm – Sponsor Drawings, Final Remarks and Close
See the full conference brochure here.
How to Register for the STEP International Tax and Estate Planning Forum
If you are a STEP member, you only have to pay $895. Otherwise, the cost of admission for non-members is $995.
Registering for the conference is simple. Follow these steps:
- Click this URL https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1866050
- Enter your email address and select the registration type, then click “Continue”
- Follow the instructions provided to complete your registration
Shortly after registering, you should receive a confirmation email that includes information about the event.
Where to Stay When Attending the STEP International Tax and Estate Planning Forum
The conference will be held at the Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach, CA. You can stay there for the most convenient location or you are welcome to stay anywhere else in the area. Room availability is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so you should book your hotel room promptly to ensure you get a room before they sell out.
We are excited to sponsor and attend this conference and hope to see you there. You can meet the Alliance Trust Company of Nevada team at the International Estate Planning Institute for a cup of coffee or a handshake and hello. Email Greg Crawford