Smart 401(k) planning
At Alliance Trust Company, we have no allegiance to any specific service providers, custodians, or investment management firms. We will serve in the capacity of co-fiduciary for your plan, providing proprietary knowledge from years of experience in retirement planning.
What this means to a Plan Sponsor is that Alliance Trust Company is not just an “arms-length” advisor, but has a vested interest in your plan’s operations. This ensures ongoing active participation by Alliance Trust Company to assist in fulfilling the fiduciary responsibilities of the plan as outlined by the IRS and the Department of Labor.
Our services provided to 401(k) clients include:
- The initial custom design and design updates of your plan.
- The initial and ongoing participant enrollment and education.
- The formation of a 401(k) Advisory Committee for continuous plan checks and balances.
- Meeting with the 401(k) Advisory Committee at least annually or more often as needs dictate.
- The ongoing service requirements of the plan sponsor and plan participants.
Alliance Trust Company has always believed in full disclosure of all plan fees to both participants and sponsors. We communicate fee information to the plan sponsor and plan participants via the plan’s website and on quarterly account statements.
The disclosure of these fees and services helps both the plan sponsor and plan participants clearly understand the services we provided in exchange for the fees charged.